Welcome to the Woodman Inn
The Woodman Inn is a traditional style pub and restaurant with a modern twist. Located in the heart of Bishopthorpe just outside of York, the pub offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests to sit and chat over a drink and meal.
Laura and Shane have created a lovely pub with weekly changing guest ales and a friendly atmosphere. Shane is the chef, his focus is using fresh local produce to create classic British food with a modern twist. The Woodman Inn also has a purpose-built adventure area at the rear of the pub and a lovely outside space which makes The Woodman Inn a great pub to visit on any occasion.
“Classic Food with a Modern Twist.”
Book Your Table
Call us on 01904 706507 to book your table, if you have any questions or requirements we’d love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you at The Woodman.
We request that all table bookings of 8 or more please pay a non-refundable deposit of £5pp at time of booking. This amount will be credited on the day.
- Great food, great surroundings, thoroughly recommend!! Good choice of quality dishes, quick service despite being busy.
- We visited tonight for our anniversary meal and was not disappointed. The Woodman is under new ownership - Laura and Shane. Laura was front of house and very friendly and welcoming. The surroundings were lovely with a very friendly atmosphere. There is a good choice of food on the menu with something for everyone. We had a special offer meal which was 2 rump steaks for £19.00. Both were cooked to perfection. We had banoffee pie and fruit crumble for afters - both very tasty. At the end of our meal, Laura gave us a little tasting treat for our anniversary which was a lovely touch. Go along sometime, you won’t be disappointed!
- Amazing food. Outstanding service. Highly recommended. Give York a swerve and go here instead. Calm and relaxed.
- We visited while staying in the Lovely friendly village of Bishopthorpe, we all enjoyed great food in a friendly atmosphere, very good service by owner (who spoiled my Beautiful Grandson with balloons that he was delighted with) and her helpful staff, very good sized portions, would really recommend.
- I took my family for a meal yesterday as I heard the food was amazing and I was far from disappointed the food looked too good to eat but tasted too good to stop eating we had the special dessert it was to die for I will be taking friends and family here again can’t wait till next time thank you
- 5 star review Lovely pub, dog-friendly and tasty food. Such a lovely pub. The staff were very attentive and friendly. I am a coeliac and one of the owners came across to me and explained what was gluten-free on the menu. I opted for the sausages and mash which was divine. My partner (non-coeliac) opted for the steak pie and chips and he said his meal was lovely. We brought our lurcher with us and the staff made a fuss of her and gave her some treats! We will definitely be back again soon! Date of visit: August 2020