Welcome to the Woodman Inn
The Woodman Inn is a traditional style pub and restaurant with a modern twist. Located in the heart of Bishopthorpe just outside of York, the pub offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests to sit and chat over a drink and meal.
Laura and Shane have created a lovely pub with weekly changing guest ales and a friendly atmosphere. Shane is the chef, his focus is using fresh local produce to create classic British food with a modern twist. The Woodman Inn also has a purpose-built adventure area at the rear of the pub and a lovely outside space which makes The Woodman Inn a great pub to visit on any occasion.
“Classic Food with a Modern Twist.”
Book Your Table
Call us on 01904 706507 to book your table, if you have any questions or requirements we’d love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you at The Woodman.
We request that all table bookings of 8 or more please pay a non-refundable deposit of £5pp at time of booking. This amount will be credited on the day.
- 5 star Facebook review Not just pub grub! Third time here since the change of ownership. Every time amazing food and service. Best pub food we have had for a long time. Catered so well for our daughter who is Coeliac which is such a bonus. Date of visit August 2020
- 5 star review Great meal! We had a family birthday meal here earlier this week with the main guest having dietary requirements. After speaking with the manager a couple of times she couldn’t have done anymore to be accommodating on our visit. Food was amazing, we opted for the sharing platter between two as our start but it easily fed over 6 of us. Mains were also beautiful with a lovely venue. Date of visit: August 2020
- We visited tonight for our anniversary meal and was not disappointed. The Woodman is under new ownership - Laura and Shane. Laura was front of house and very friendly and welcoming. The surroundings were lovely with a very friendly atmosphere. There is a good choice of food on the menu with something for everyone. We had a special offer meal which was 2 rump steaks for £19.00. Both were cooked to perfection. We had banoffee pie and fruit crumble for afters - both very tasty. At the end of our meal, Laura gave us a little tasting treat for our anniversary which was a lovely touch. Go along sometime, you won’t be disappointed!
- 5 star review Couldn't have done more for us! Came for Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago and was blown away by the service! There were 4 of us and a dog, sat down straight away and were served within minutes for drinks and food. I am vegan so with the limited menu on a Sunday I only had one option to choose from but it was lovely. No vegan puddings on the menu aside from a sorbet so I decided to leave it, the waitress then came back out to the table and said the chef was willing to make me a vegan fruit crumble...it was amazing!! The fact they went out of their way to make something different was a welcome surprise. All the staff were so lovely and helpful, the atmosphere was great and I couldn't complain about anything. Would absolutely recommend 🙂 Date of visit: August 2020
- Great food, great surroundings, thoroughly recommend!! Good choice of quality dishes, quick service despite being busy.
- Amazing food. Outstanding service. Highly recommended. Give York a swerve and go here instead. Calm and relaxed.