Welcome to the Woodman Inn
The Woodman Inn is a traditional style pub and restaurant with a modern twist. Located in the heart of Bishopthorpe just outside of York, the pub offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests to sit and chat over a drink and meal.
Laura and Shane have created a lovely pub with weekly changing guest ales and a friendly atmosphere. Shane is the chef, his focus is using fresh local produce to create classic British food with a modern twist. The Woodman Inn also has a purpose-built adventure area at the rear of the pub and a lovely outside space which makes The Woodman Inn a great pub to visit on any occasion.
“Classic Food with a Modern Twist.”
Book Your Table
Call us on 01904 706507 to book your table, if you have any questions or requirements we’d love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you at The Woodman.
We request that all table bookings of 8 or more please pay a non-refundable deposit of £5pp at time of booking. This amount will be credited on the day.
- My partner and I had an absolutely fantastic roast dinner here today. We hadn't booked but they gave us a table straight away even though very busy. The roast Turkey was absolutely beautiful and my partner's nut roast just as good she said. The food was cooked to perfection and was excellent value. Huge portions and quality ingredients. The chef knew what he was doing. The atmosphere was bubbly and friendly with a young team who were efficient and welcoming. We will definitely return and tell friends to try it. Top-notch!
- We visited tonight for our anniversary meal and was not disappointed. The Woodman is under new ownership - Laura and Shane. Laura was front of house and very friendly and welcoming. The surroundings were lovely with a very friendly atmosphere. There is a good choice of food on the menu with something for everyone. We had a special offer meal which was 2 rump steaks for £19.00. Both were cooked to perfection. We had banoffee pie and fruit crumble for afters - both very tasty. At the end of our meal, Laura gave us a little tasting treat for our anniversary which was a lovely touch. Go along sometime, you won’t be disappointed!
- 5 star review Lovely pub, dog-friendly and tasty food. Such a lovely pub. The staff were very attentive and friendly. I am a coeliac and one of the owners came across to me and explained what was gluten-free on the menu. I opted for the sausages and mash which was divine. My partner (non-coeliac) opted for the steak pie and chips and he said his meal was lovely. We brought our lurcher with us and the staff made a fuss of her and gave her some treats! We will definitely be back again soon! Date of visit: August 2020
- 5 star Facebook review Not just pub grub! Third time here since the change of ownership. Every time amazing food and service. Best pub food we have had for a long time. Catered so well for our daughter who is Coeliac which is such a bonus. Date of visit August 2020
- Great food, great surroundings, thoroughly recommend!! Good choice of quality dishes, quick service despite being busy.
- 5 star review Facebook Top-notch service, the food was amazing I have eaten in Rick stein's restaurant this week and the food I have had tonight was way better. Well done we will be back x Date of visit August 2020