Welcome to the Woodman Inn
The Woodman Inn is a traditional style pub and restaurant with a modern twist. Located in the heart of Bishopthorpe just outside of York, the pub offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests to sit and chat over a drink and meal.
Laura and Shane have created a lovely pub with weekly changing guest ales and a friendly atmosphere. Shane is the chef, his focus is using fresh local produce to create classic British food with a modern twist. The Woodman Inn also has a purpose-built adventure area at the rear of the pub and a lovely outside space which makes The Woodman Inn a great pub to visit on any occasion.
“Classic Food with a Modern Twist.”
Book Your Table
Call us on 01904 706507 to book your table, if you have any questions or requirements we’d love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you at The Woodman.
We request that all table bookings of 6 or more please pay a non-refundable deposit of £5pp at the time of booking. This amount will be credited on the day.
- 5 star review Great meal! We had a family birthday meal here earlier this week with the main guest having dietary requirements. After speaking with the manager a couple of times she couldn’t have done anymore to be accommodating on our visit. Food was amazing, we opted for the sharing platter between two as our start but it easily fed over 6 of us. Mains were also beautiful with a lovely venue. Date of visit: August 2020
- Great ambience, food presentation and taste wonderful. Staff very polite and attentive. Would highly recommend.
- What a lovely place, the diamond of Yorkshire, had such a beautiful meal here today with my husband and 18-year-old daughter, we all cleaned our plates because the food was outstanding, the bar staff were very attentive and the lady owner was a pleasure to speak with. Would highly recommend, will definitely call again, wish I could give 10-star rating (silly feedback will only go up to 5 stars ⭐️)
- Great food, great surroundings, thoroughly recommend!! Good choice of quality dishes, quick service despite being busy.
- 5 star review Facebook Booked a last-minute table last night, our first time in the pub. We were given a nice welcome on arrival from the friendly staff, Our drinks were served almost immediately. The menu has plenty of choice, it was difficult choosing what to eat due to being spoilt for choice. All sensibility priced. The food arrived fairly quickly and was nice and hot. Eaten starters, mains, unfortunately, had no room for dessert. The food was unbelievably delicious. We thought we were in a Michelin star restaurant. The food was faultless. We asked to take food out for our lunch the following day, the chef sent a free sample before buying the homemade Pate’ what a lovely gesture and would most definitely recommend the Pate it was delicious! The pub felt relaxed and had a nice ambience. We had a lovely evening, in a lovely pub with friendly staff, great service and outstanding food, thank you Date of visit September 2020
- My partner and I had an absolutely fantastic roast dinner here today. We hadn't booked but they gave us a table straight away even though very busy. The roast Turkey was absolutely beautiful and my partner's nut roast just as good she said. The food was cooked to perfection and was excellent value. Huge portions and quality ingredients. The chef knew what he was doing. The atmosphere was bubbly and friendly with a young team who were efficient and welcoming. We will definitely return and tell friends to try it. Top-notch!