Welcome to the Woodman Inn
The Woodman Inn is a traditional style pub and restaurant with a modern twist. Located in the heart of Bishopthorpe just outside of York, the pub offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests to sit and chat over a drink and meal.
Laura and Shane have created a lovely pub with weekly changing guest ales and friendly atmosphere. Shane is the chef, his focus is using fresh local produce to create classic british food with a modern twist. The Woodman Inn also has a purpose-built adventure area at the rear of the pub and a lovely outside space which makes The Woodman Inn a great pub to visit on any occasion.
“Classic Food with a Modern Twist.”
Book Your Table
Call us on 01904 706507 to book your table, if you have any questions or requirements we’d love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you at The Woodman.
- Great food, great surroundings, thoroughly recommend!! Good choice of quality dishes, quick service despite being busy.
- I took my family for a meal yesterday as I heard the food was amazing and I was far from disappointed the food looked too good to eat but tasted too good to stop eating we had the special dessert it was to die for I will be taking friends and family here again can’t wait till next time thank you
- Great ambience, food presentation and taste wonderful. Staff very polite and attentive. Would highly recommend.
- We visited tonight for our anniversary meal and was not disappointed. The Woodman is under new ownership - Laura and Shane. Laura was front of house and very friendly and welcoming. The surroundings were lovely with a very friendly atmosphere. There is a good choice of food on the menu with something for everyone. We had a special offer meal which was 2 rump steaks for £19.00. Both were cooked to perfection. We had banoffee pie and fruit crumble for afters - both very tasty. At the end of our meal, Laura gave us a little tasting treat for our anniversary which was a lovely touch. Go along sometime, you won’t be disappointed!
- My partner and I had an absolutely fantastic roast dinner here today. We hadn't booked but they gave us a table straight away even though very busy. The roast Turkey was absolutely beautiful and my partner's nut roast just as good she said. The food was cooked to perfection and was excellent value. Huge portions and quality ingredients. The chef knew what he was doing. The atmosphere was bubbly and friendly with a young team who were efficient and welcoming. We will definitely return and tell friends to try it. Top-notch!
- We visited while staying in the Lovely friendly village of Bishopthorpe, we all enjoyed great food in a friendly atmosphere, very good service by owner (who spoiled my Beautiful Grandson with balloons that he was delighted with) and her helpful staff, very good sized portions, would really recommend.