Welcome to the Woodman Inn
The Woodman Inn is a traditional style pub and restaurant with a modern twist. Located in the heart of Bishopthorpe just outside of York, the pub offers a warm and welcoming atmosphere for guests to sit and chat over a drink and meal.
Laura and Shane have created a lovely pub with weekly changing guest ales and a friendly atmosphere. Shane is the chef, his focus is using fresh local produce to create classic British food with a modern twist. The Woodman Inn also has a purpose-built adventure area at the rear of the pub and a lovely outside space which makes The Woodman Inn a great pub to visit on any occasion.
“Classic Food with a Modern Twist.”
Book Your Table
Call us on 01904 706507 to book your table, if you have any questions or requirements we’d love to hear from you. We look forward to welcoming you at The Woodman.
We request that all table bookings of 8 or more please pay a non-refundable deposit of £5pp at time of booking. This amount will be credited on the day.
- Great ambience, food presentation and taste wonderful. Staff very polite and attentive. Would highly recommend.
- 5 star review Facebook Top-notch service, the food was amazing I have eaten in Rick stein's restaurant this week and the food I have had tonight was way better. Well done we will be back x Date of visit August 2020
- Amazing food. Outstanding service. Highly recommended. Give York a swerve and go here instead. Calm and relaxed.
- My partner and I had an absolutely fantastic roast dinner here today. We hadn't booked but they gave us a table straight away even though very busy. The roast Turkey was absolutely beautiful and my partner's nut roast just as good she said. The food was cooked to perfection and was excellent value. Huge portions and quality ingredients. The chef knew what he was doing. The atmosphere was bubbly and friendly with a young team who were efficient and welcoming. We will definitely return and tell friends to try it. Top-notch!
- 5 star review Couldn't have done more for us! Came for Sunday lunch a couple of weeks ago and was blown away by the service! There were 4 of us and a dog, sat down straight away and were served within minutes for drinks and food. I am vegan so with the limited menu on a Sunday I only had one option to choose from but it was lovely. No vegan puddings on the menu aside from a sorbet so I decided to leave it, the waitress then came back out to the table and said the chef was willing to make me a vegan fruit crumble...it was amazing!! The fact they went out of their way to make something different was a welcome surprise. All the staff were so lovely and helpful, the atmosphere was great and I couldn't complain about anything. Would absolutely recommend 🙂 Date of visit: August 2020
- 5 star review Great meal! We had a family birthday meal here earlier this week with the main guest having dietary requirements. After speaking with the manager a couple of times she couldn’t have done anymore to be accommodating on our visit. Food was amazing, we opted for the sharing platter between two as our start but it easily fed over 6 of us. Mains were also beautiful with a lovely venue. Date of visit: August 2020